Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Memories

What a fantastic holiday!!! We laid around, relaxed, ate some really yummy food, and got to take some really neat pictures. Here's one we took with my camera on time delay so everyone could get in the shot. My Aunt Kelly thought of the idea and we couldn't be more pleased!!!


On the subject of Black Friday, nope didn't go. Ever since last year when I was on the other side of the looking glass (I worked at Macy's and had to be there at 3:00 in the morning) I have tried my hardest NOT to step foot out into the wild sale mess that is the day after Thanksgiving here in the U.S (truth be told its been years before that that I really got into the whole thing). I think another reason why I don't brave the crowds in search of the perfect sale price on this season's hottest Christmas gifts is because Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday!! I don't like being inundated with Christmas environments until at LEAST December 1st. It has been a RARE thing to see me decorating my house or tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, its just too soon for me. I like to bask in the glow of a non-commercialized holiday for as long as I can get away with it. Its the only one where we visit family and don't have to bring a gift for everyone in the room.

We didn't play dominoes this year or all go out dancing, Mother and Dad just don't have the energy with their health the way it is currently. But we did have a lot of fun and laughed until our cheeks hurt. So overall I'd call it a success!

What's your favorite holiday memory?

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Look like you had a great thankgiving! My favorite times would be at my grandparents house. Since I was very young, we celebrated at thier house. My favorite aunt lived in plano , and she would travel home in a limo, and she always brought lots of fireworks with her. We would pop them late at night!! I miss those time at my granparenst old house. We would climb trees all day long!

The Stiletto Mom said...

I'm so glad you had fun. We play this stupid game at the dinner table where you have to say an animal that starts with the last letter of whatever animal the person before you said. So like if you say elk, the next animal would be kangaroo and so on. Guess what, there are hardly any animals that start with N. Little known fact, but true. In case you were wondering. :)

Annie said...

Thats a crew!

Unknown said...

So glad that you didnt' brave the outdoors on Black Friday! lol I stay away from any and every store I can ....

Christine said...

I loved your picture!
PS: A little something for you on my blog.

Susan said...

What an AWESOME picture! Wow, if we sat outside on the lawn for Thanksgiving, we would have been pelted with sleet. Hey, and those cowboy hats?? LOVE THEM!

Katie said...

What a great shot! Stupidly again, I did not take any pictures at all.
My favorite holiday memory...hmm.. I know you said you weren't as into Christmas, but when I was a kid, I SWORE I heard Santa on the roof. I still smile when I think about how exicted I was in that moment. :)

 
Searching For My Inner Skinny © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina