Sunday, March 1, 2009

So far as I could tell not ONE she-male in the bunch!

Last night I actually got out of the house alone, and the kids weren't in school, the hubby wasn't at work. I went off to meet some relative strangers, fellow bloggers. I had to put two calls in to my BFF in order to find the best route there and left an hour early. Before I left, my son asked me an interesting question:
Boy: So how do you know they aren't just a bunch of she-males?
Me: Guess I don't until I get there. But maybe if they are they'll be nice and pay for my dinner. =)

I am happy to report there wasn't, so far as I could tell, a single lady-boy in the bunch! Dinner was FANTASTIC!! I has salmon, mashed potatoes, sweet mash, broccoli, carrots, and snap peas. Dessert HAD to be the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. I ate about 1/3 of both and brought the rest home to the hubby. Which made him REALLY happy!

I was coming off a couple days of having a sore throat, so I had that great Kathleen Turner thing going on. ugh! Then this morning I had nothing but a whisper of a voice.

They said next time we might just get a room instead of having to be split up between two tables, to which I thought hubby is really going to make sure I take the camera if I tell him we're "getting a room". hehehe

We talked about our blogs, kids, spouses, and told funny stories. It was more fun than I've had in ages!! We talked about anonymity, what we blog about, how we come up with something to blog, etc...Here's some pictures of the evening, due to the concerns of some of my fellow bloggers I won't be disclosing any of their identities.








For those who stuck around I am going to tell a story I told last night.

Several years ago, when my son was 7 and my daughter was 5, we were all sitting around the dinner table. We'd picked up Subway sandwiches after my daughter's soccer game. When we got home, she'd take a bath and was wrapped in a towel at the table. Suddenly Hannah (my daughter) started wriggling around in her seat. The following conversation went something like this:
Me: What is wrong with you, why are you squirming around so much?
Hannah: My weenis hurts!
Me: Your what?!?!?
Hannah: My weenis.
Me: Ok, where on earth did you hear that?
Hannah: From Josh [her brother]
Me: The word is penis, and secondly...you don't have one.
At this point Joshua, being seven and knowing EVERYTHING, as all seven year olds do, decides to interject his wisdom...
Joshua: Yeah Hannah, boys have a penis...girls have an agenda!

Oh yeah, hubby and I FELL OUT OF OUR CHAIRS laughing!! When we had regained our composure we told him...Well, son..the word somewhat, the word you're looking for here is vagina. And we hope she doesn't have an agenda YET! The hubby went around for days saying how the boy was wise beyond his years!!! hehehe

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like you all had a great time.

And, what's up with people worried about their identities? Go figure!

Glad you had fun!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Damn right we have an agenda! That was priceless!

Glad you had a great time with the gals! I'd love to do that.

Texasholly said...

So fun to meet you last night. Great pictures!

OMG. Seriously, I have all sorts of problems with my agenda...?

Jean said...

LOL! That's a great story. Thanks for stopping by. I hope we can chat more the next time. :)

Halftime Lessons said...

Glad you had fun, I sure did as well...loved your story...hilarious.

Jay @ HalftimeLessons

jill jill bo bill said...

So glad to meet to you last night! I hope I get to hear many more funny stories!!! You are a hoot!

Eddo said...

Hi Dorsey! It was great meeting you and I loved hearing that "Agenda" story first hand. I told it to my buddy on the way home and we got a second round of laughs out of it.

Next time it'd be great to have a dinner party at someone's house. I live in Plano so my house may not be convenient, but it's always open for a party!

I told Jenny B that I plan to put a DFW Bloggers Blogroll on my site so we can all keep in touch. We can have our own DFW Clique.

Take Care!

Eddo of Posted Note

America's Next Top Mommy said...

Looks like a great time!!

Oh and I gave you an award on my blog. Come see :-)

Shauna said...

I had a great time - love your pics!!

Susan said...

OOOOhhhhh... I think Shauna is my blog designer... I love her! And by the way, what is up with your new look? I"m LOVING it! You continue to play with it - I'm not sure which color theme I like better??? I'm determined to search for local bloggers and do the same thing. Fun!

Miss Lisa said...

I loved story--still laughing :)
But I wonder if she-males have a weenis and an agenda or neither ;)

It was great to meet you :)

Natalie said...

it was great getting to meet you!!! i had a blast. hopefully we can get together again soon.

Laurie said...

LOL

She-Males, psychos and axe-murders... OH MY!

 
Searching For My Inner Skinny © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina