Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Morning Routine...

Seeing as how I have been able to acquire a regular day job as of yet, I've become quite the morning TV connoisseur. This morning the hubby woke up just before 4 am and got up to go for a run this morning (NOT his usual routine, but I'm hoping he starts including it more often). He even got the kids up and showered!! WOW! Go SuperHubby!!!

Now my morning run around is a tad bit different. Usually I try to get up and get moving about 7:00 when I get the kids up and moving. I try to go upstairs and exercise before I do anything else. Now most stay at home moms (SAHM) have a small one in the house and are inundated with images from various networks targeted for children...i.e. Nickelodeon, Disney, PBS, etc... Now my kids are older and in school so I don't have to watch the same shows as many of these mothers, my fellow SAHM in the fox holes of motherhood. So here's my typical TV tune in...

First thing in the morning, NBC's Today Show


Then I usually move on to Live with Regis & Kelly (locally on FOX), only if I can stand Kelly Ripa's perkiness and Regis' being Regis...otherwise I channel flip or watch a DVD


After that I indulge in ABC's The View (especially if I'm feeling low on estrogen..ha!)


Then I move on to The Bonnie Hunt Show (back on NBC) if I remember.


After this I usually either watch Martha Stewart or The People's Court. I usually prefer People's Court, but if its a rerun I switch back to Martha.




Then I'm back to NBC for Days of Our Lives, the only soap I'm somewhat addicted to and try to watch most days. I ADORE Alison Sweeney and her character and I could dine on the guy who plays E.J. for a week!! SOOOO yummy!!!


Now mind you, I don't have cable currently, so that sort of limits my choices. I will admit that more times than not the television serves as white noise throughout my day. Hubby and I DO often watch at least half an hour of the Today Show from bed in the mornings. Now weekends are all together different and often times the TV stays off completely, or I'm watching DVDs to pass the time.

So what serves as white noise for your mornings when you're at home?

Side note: GREAT news!! Three days in a row my Wii Fit has NOT chastised me! I've lost weight every day!! Granted it was merely 0.2 lbs yesterday, and 0.4 lbs today, but I'm not complaining!! Every little bit counts!

8 comments:

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

I do child care in my home so I get stuck watching kiddy shows every day......oh joy!!! hehehe Congrats on the pounds lost you are right every little bit counts...I seem to be stuck where Im at...of course Im not doing a whole lot to change anything so I certainly shouldnt be complaining...I just wish it would come off while Im sleeping!!!!!

Halftime Lessons said...

Wow...you and my wife have an identical routine with the TV...mine is a little different...her shows come on, and I run. Fast.

;-)

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Whew! I thought I was the only one...

My routine, when I'm not working, includes Regis and Kelly, Ellen and The View. Then the local news, and then I nap. :o)

Dorsey said...

Ellen comes later in the day around here..hehe

The Stiletto Mom said...

I have The Today Show on as background noise while I work. I have to tell you though, that fourth hour with Katie Lee and Hoda? Is just not sitting well with me AT ALL. They are beyond ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

I don't have cable either and it's slim pickin's! I used to watch Days, but now I have to pick my kids up from school at 1:00 and with no DVR....

America's Next Top Mommy said...

I'm still down in the trenches. I watch Go Diego Go!

Susan said...

This is so funny - as a new SAHM due to my layoff last month - I crack up at how much garbage I keep on the tv even though I'm running around the house or job hunting on the computer. And my god - 2:30 comes WAY TO FAST to pick up the kids when you're not even doing anything of much on these days! Crap!

 
Searching For My Inner Skinny © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina