Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy dieting?




I've known many women who have dieted, some have been successful...others not just yet. One thing I have come to notice is that dieting seems to change people in more ways than physically. This phenomenon also changes you emotionally. I have come to notice that larger gals, myself being one of them tend to get pigeon-holed into a certain role. We are expected to be jovial, in a sense. I think its kind of a "Santa Claus Syndrome" where you are expected to laugh fully and be a vessel of happiness to all around you. Even thumbing through a Lane Bryant catalog, most of the women appear to be smiling.



Then I catch a glimpse of a fashion show on TV supposedly aimed at the every woman (saw it on the View) and not a single model is smiling. If I do achieve somewhat of skinny status someday, am I to be doomed to not smile if trying to look fashionable? Why are they always looking so upset and unhappy? I know women who have lost weight and it seemed a little more of their bitchiness came out. Now, far be it from me to say that I can't bitch out with the best of them. I just don't think its excused as easily when I'm heavier.



So I wonder is does this transition into a less positive attitude always happen when losing weight? I can say that I have known people who are still just as happy and fun folks be they heavy or thin, so I do not say this as a blanket statement. I guess I'm saying I'd just like to see the occasional professional fashion model smiling on the catwalk.

Do you know people whose personalities seemed to change with their dress size?

0 comments:

 
Searching For My Inner Skinny © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina