Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Car troubles...

Well, as I stated before, the car is in the shop. But in this process a co-worker of my hubby's suggested instead of putting the $2000 into a car that probably isn't worth that fixed, why not get a new car? So the hubby called and told me to start researching another sedan. I swallowed hard and took it initially. But the more we talked the more I got my nerve up. I was about to get SCREWED and NOT in the style I like!!

Years ago dear hubby and I said that when the Intrepid died (and this is pretty damn near close now, we drive cars until they die...) we would replace it with either a convertible or a Jeep Wrangler. And now I was being asked to research another sedan, which is neither of the previously agreed upon vehicles. I shared this with him over the phone. And after some more discussion he agreed upon a convertible...a Chrysler Sebring Convertible.

He had some VERY specific guidelines for what he wanted though. With the automotive industry being somewhat in the slumps right now, we were hoping to play upon their desperate desires to sell a car as often they have played upon our emotions when purchasing a vehicle in the past.

Well, after 2 days worth of searching, I'm not a lot closer to my goal. I've ticked off more than one salesperson, I'm sure. A few have told me that my demands are just NOT possible. So I continue to look. If, after a decent amount of time, we are not able to procure my convertible, then we will go get the Intrepid from the shop, tow it home and keep looking. Luckily we have three cars...a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck, a 1991 Chevy Cavalier, and a 2002 Dodge Intrepid. We have recently replaced the spark plug wires and done some home tune-ups to the Cavalier to get it road worthy again. I went yesterday and got the tags updated, today my goal is to find the front license plate (and reattach it), and get it inspected. So even without one car, we are not handicapped to sharing a vehicle. Meaning I have the car salesperson's worst enemy on my hands...time and patience.

Here's a picture of the car that I'm looking for...(but not specific to color)


The look with the top up

Top coming down

Top down

the inside with top down

I'm also going to check out the Toyota Camry Solara Convertible, but not sure I'll be able to get the same deal on price with one of those. If anyone knows of a convertible that will somewhat comfortably fit a family of four...PLEASE let me know. I like the Sebring because with the bucket seats in the back it offers a little more comfort. A mustang might as well be a two-seater for our family and I just am not a big fan of the PT Cruiser. Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Sally's World said...

wow...what a car...i have to drive a bus (for Diddy's wheelchair) i miss a normal car sooo much!!!

 
Searching For My Inner Skinny © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina