Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vacation time?

For several years now I've occasionally taken a hiatus from my weight loss journey. I've almost always felt guilty about that when I muster up the courage to step on the scale and find myself with more pounds than I'd anticipated gaining on my time off. So I guess the short of it is that I understand that true weight loss efforts don't get a vacation!

This next week the family (all four of us) are heading to the Frio River here in Texas for a little vacay! We're also going to New Braunfels to hang out as well. The only worry in all of this is the lack of exercise involved in floating the river. I mean, I really don't think that laying on an innertube for hours on end and drifting down in the cool waters burns all that many calories. So I guess its kind of a good thing that the bathrooms an showers are a little bit of a jaunt from our camp site. I'll just have to drink LOTS of water and make sure I need to make trips to the bathrooms often while we're in camp. So this week consists of cleaning the house, doing laundry, and packing.

Usually I wouldn't put so much effort into my cleaning efforts, but supposedly my parents are following us back to the house and staying for a couple of weeks. At the end of our vacation we're going to bring back a lot of their furniture to keep in our house (a couple of beds, chaise lounger, dresser, kitchen table, etc...). So maybe if I do a lot of running up and down the stairs this week it'll make up for some of my laziness next week.

Last week the kids and I went camping at Lake Somerville near College Station with my parents. We were there for seven days and had a fantastic time!! We got to spend some time with my folks and enjoy being outdoors as well. I thought I'd done really well and could look forward to a downward moving scale number upon return home. I weighed a couple days ago (we got back July 21st) and the number was NOT encouraging.

What do you do while on vacation to help ensure success in your weight loss journey?

0 comments:

 
Searching For My Inner Skinny © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina