Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Support

A little over a week ago my husband came home with groceries. This is really nothing of note, as he usually is the one who buys the groceries. He came into the bedroom with a package of Lean Pockets. He stated that he got them for me to have for lunches, but he had one request. He asked that any time I wanted one, I eat just one and then wait a while. If after waiting a reasonable amount of time I was still hungry, then and only then have the other one in the package. I somewhat understood this, as I've been known to eat both of them out of the package in once sitting without blinking an eye. He's trying to help me in this attempt to regain my figure of past. And I have to say I prefer him going about it in this way rather than nagging or complaining.

I have had minimal successes in the past couple of weeks, which is better than none, I guess. I am battling horrid seasonal allergies and migraine headaches. Both of which make it difficult to maintain a normal routine. Most of my days consist of waking up, taking some allergy meds, doing some studying, taking a nap, more studying, shuttling the kids where they need to be, some mindless playing, then off to bed again.

The naps and my heightened importance of studying make any sort of exercise regimen hard to enact. If I forgo the allergy meds, then I develop the headaches and find concentration WAY hard to maintain. But the only way I seem to be able to stay awake all day is NOT to take the allergy medication. Sucky catch-22!!

So I guess all things considered, my small victories aren't so bad. And the sooner I finish my medical transcription coarse then the sooner I can start working and have one less stress to weigh on my already too heavy self.

Thanks for allowing me some venting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! This might sound dumb, but have you tried a neti pot? I used to have to take allergy meds but when I started using the neti pot before bed every night, I was able to completely quit taking the meds...it has been great! It takes a while but maybe it would help!

Lawyer Mom said...

I've heard the Neti pot works, though I've never used it. Someone else told me to make an elixir with LOCAL honey, lemon and water. The local honey is supposed to provide you with some allergy immunities. Worth a try, I suppose.

Hang in there.

Natalie said...

i use the sinus rinse method too and it has helped me out a ton!

oh and all victories should be celebrated... just not with cake! you can do this!

 
Searching For My Inner Skinny © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina