Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One week in...

So this past week was alright. I had some pretty stressful moments however! My hard drive on my computer crashed, is no longer bootable. I had to go out and buy a new one for my laptop, install the hardware, install new software, and I'm inthe process up updating everything. Ugh!! I'm still hoping to get a lot of the information off of the old HD, but luckily I back up a lot of things on CDs and pin drives. But what does this have to do with my weight? That's EASY to answer! I get stressed out, which causes me to emotionally eat. I was down almost 7 lbs for one week when this event occurred. Well, when I weighed in at TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) Monday night, I was down 1.25lbs from the week before. So still down, but obviously my snacking around the house had already taken its toll. My weight then was 266.0 lbs. I'm trying to stay the course, though.

About TOPS, its a wonderful support group of people also trying to get healthier and lose weight. Some people are referred to as KOPS, these folks have already reached their goal and are in maintenance now. The TOPS are still working towards their goal. I cannot sat enough good about the organization. They have awards for weight loss and other acheivements, they hold you accountable to the scales, there's no embarressing shouting of your weight to everyone else, the dues are incredibly low and more. However, I don't think this is for me anymore. I have been with TOPS for three years now, and I'm actually almost 20lbs over my initial start weight all those years ago. I've had some successes along the way, but obviously nothing to write home about. So I'm going to be taking a hiatus of sorts. I think for me the onlou ally support I need is at home. And Kyle gives me undying, encouraging support every day!! We'll see if this decision sticks in a few weeks or months. I still weigh in at home every week, sometimes twice a week. My scale at home is always within a quarter pound of the scales at TOPS. So we shall see how I do "on my own" for the time being.

I'm going to leave you all with the TOPS opening pledge:

I am an intelligent person,
I will control my emotions
and not let them control me.
Everytime I am tempted
to use food to satisfy my frustrated desires,
build up my injured ego,
or dull my senses,
I will remember that
even though I overeat in private;
my excess poundage is there
for all the world to see.
I WILL TAKE OFF POUNDS SENSIBLY!

0 comments:

 
Searching For My Inner Skinny © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina